Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symposium (9/6/11)
The San Francisco Fire Department is pleased to announce that it will be co-hosting, with the San Francisco General Base Hospital, the 2nd Cardiac Arrest Conference.
The conference will be held on Tuesday, September 6, 2011, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM at:
Saint Mary's Cathedral Event Center
111 Gough Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
The Keynote Speaker will be Dr. Gordon A. Ewy, Professor of Cardiology and Director of the University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center. Dr. Ewy is also the holder of the Gordon A. Ewy Distinguished Endowed Chair of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Arizona. Dr. Ewy's research has been instrumental in shaping CPR education and the American Heart Association Standards for CPR over the past decade. Come and learn about how Cardio-Cerebral CPR or "Compressions-only CPR" is saving lives of cardiac arrest victims.
Additional faculty includes:
- Dr. Brian McNally of Emory University who will discuss why what city you suffer a cardiac arrest in makes a difference in your survival.
- Dr. Angelo Salvucci, the Medical Director of Santa Barbara and Ventura County EMS Agencies will talk about why first responders see less ventricular fibrillation in the field and why.
- Dr. Ben Bobrow, Medical Director of the EMS Bureau for the State of Arizona will discuss how a voluntary statewide cardiac arrest registry and applying the latest research has improved survival in the State of Arizona.
- Dr. John MacGregor, San Francisco General Hospital, will talk about the impact of Cardiac Arrest/STEMI specialty centers.
- Mr. Michael Jacobs, NREMT-P from Alameda County EMS Agency will discuss how the CPR in the Schools program for 7th graders has improved community CPR education.
The cost will be $55.00 for 7 CEUs awarded by the SFGH Base Hospital (EMT-P CE Provider #38-0002)