SFFD Remembers Fallen in World Trade Center - September 11, 2007
|Public Information Office||
For Immediate Release
Lt. Mindy Talmadge - 415 - 558-3656
Lt. Mindy Talmadge - 415 - 270-4895(P)
San Francisco Fire Department
Honors Fallen in World Trade Center 6 Year Remembrance Ceremony
On September 11, 2007, the Fire Department will participate in a remembrance ceremony for the Fire Service, Law Enforcement and civilians lost in the World Trade Center tragedy six years ago. The remembrance ceremony will take place at all 42 Stations.
1. 0645 Hours PST Apparatus roll out of bays, flanking the driveways on both sides.
2. 0658 Hours PST Fire Department personnel assemble at attention in front of individual Station flag pole (or central location in front of station).
3. 0659 Hours PST Time of South Tower Collapse Apparatus bell rings 3-3-3- (3 sets of 3 chimes each).
4. 0700 Hours PST Lower Station flag to half staff, observe one minute of silence.
5. 0702 Hours PST Recognition Service Read names aloud of each of the 343 Firefighters from FDNY.
6. Flags will remain at half staff for the remainder of the day.
Members of the media wishing to observe/film the ceremony may do so at Fire Station 7, located at 2300 Folsom Street (corner of 19th and Folsom Streets).