WTC 5 Year Remembrance Ceremony - September 7, 2006
|Public Information Office|| |
|0800 Hrs |
For Immediate Release
Lt. Mindy Talmadge - 415 - 558-3656
Lt. Mindy Talmadge - 415 - 270-4895(P)
San Francisco Fire Department Honors Fallen in World Trade Center - 5 Year Remembrance Ceremony
On September 11, 2006, the Fire Department will participate in a remembrance ceremony for the Fire Service, Law Enforcement and civilians lost in the World Trade Center tragedy five years ago. The remembrance ceremony will take place at all 42 Stations.
- 0645 Hours PST - Apparatus roll out of bays, flanking the driveways on both sides.
- 0658 Hours PST - Fire Department personnel assemble at attention in front of individual Station flag pole (or central location in front of station).
- 0659 Hours PST - Time of South Tower Collapse - Apparatus bell rings 5-5-5- (3 sets of 5 chimes each).
- 0700 Hours PST - Lower Station flag to half staff, observe one minute of silence.
- 0702 Hours PST - Recognition Service - Read names aloud of each of the 343 Firefighters from FDNY.
- Flags will remain at half staff for the remainder of the day.
Members of the media wishing to observe/film the ceremony may do so at Fire Station 7, located at 2300 Folsom Street (corner of 19th and Folsom streets).
# # # #