Fire Safety Tips for Kids
Fire Safety Smart Reminders
- Make a home fire escape plan with your family.
- Find two ways out of every room and an outside meeting place.
- Know the emergency number for your fire department (911).
- When the smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside!
- Tell a grown-up if you find matches or lighters.
- Hot things can hurt you. Stay away from hot things.
- Stay away from the stove when a grown-up is cooking.
- Treat a burn right away. Put it in cool water for 3-5 minutes. Cover with a clean, dry cloth.
Click here for more fire safety information, resources and materials designed for kids, parents and educators.