H-3 Level 1 EMT
- The H-3 Level 1 EMT works in the EMS Division (Station 49) of the SFFD.
- They work on dynamically deployed Advanced Life Support (ALS) ambulances with a H-3 Level 2 Paramedic.
- EMT shifts can be 10, 12 and 13 hour shifts.
- H-3 Level 1 EMT is NOT an entry level position, as 500 hours of previous EMT experience is required.
- H-3 Level 1 EMT is required to successfully complete an 8 week EMS academy, including written and manipulative examinations
The minimum qualifications for the H-3 Level 1 EMT position are:
- 20 years of age
- High school diploma/GED
- California driver’s license
- Ambulance Driver’s Certificate
- California EMT certification
- 500 hours of verified experience within three years or 1,000 hours within five years on a first responder vehicle
- FEMA ICS 100, 200 & 700
- No felony convictions
The salary range for the H-3 Level 1 EMT position is between $81,146-103,168.
For the current classification information, please visit the DHR job classification for H-3 EMT/Paramedic/Firefighter.