H-3 Level 2 Paramedic
- H-3 Level 2 Paramedic works in the EMS Division (Station 49) of the SFFD.
- H-3 Level 2 Paramedics work on dynamically deployed ambulances, Quick Response Vehicles (QRV), Bicycles at SFO, and on Community Paramedicine Units.
- Paramedics work 10, 12 & 13 hour shifts.
- H-3 Level 2 candidates must apply for the EMT position on the DHR website(your application will be flagged if you state you are a Paramedic); if you pass the initial H003 L1 written exam, you must also pass a multiple choice paramedic level written exam to be considered as a H003 L2 (Paramedic) candidate.
- H-3 Level 2 Paramedic is required to successfully complete an 8 week EMS academy, including written and manipulative exams.
The minimum qualifications for the H-3 Level 2 Paramedic position are:
- 20 years of age
- High school diploma/GED
- California driver’s license
- Ambulance Driver’s Certificate
- California Paramedic License
- 1,000 hours of verified experience within three years or 1,500 hours within five years on a first responder vehicle
- FEMA ICS 100, 200 & 700
- No felony convictions
The salary range for the H-3 Level 2 Paramedic position is between $108,108 – 137,306.
- H-3 Level 2 Paramedics will be given an opportunity to promote to the Suppression position of H-3 Level 3 Firefighter/Paramedic based on SENORITY.
- Every H-3 Level 3 Candidate must successfully pass the 20 week Fire Suppression academy & the 1 year probationary period (6 month & 1 yr exams).
- All years of service from the EMS Division will carry over to the Suppression side and will be applied towards individuals time served/retirement.
The salary range for the H-3 Level 3 Firefighter/Paramedic is between $143,234 – 157,950.
For the current classification information, please visit the DHR job classification for H-3 EMT/Paramedic/Firefighter.
NOTE: H-3 LEVEL 3 FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC IS AN INTERNAL PROMOTION