Starting in 2024, the SFFD will discontinue the use of the NTN and will use FCTC exclusively.
Please continue to monitor this page for recruitment news and upcoming events.
H2 Firefighter June 2024 Academy
To be considered for the upcoming academy, candidates must:
1. Submit an application for the H2 Firefighter position REF34757B opening on the DHR website.
2. Must be current on the Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) Statewide Eligibility List (SEL) on December 22, 2023.
- Cal-JAC CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card must be dated between December 22, 2022 and December 22, 2023
- A passing score on the FCTC Written Test must be dated between December 22, 2022 and December 22, 2023
- View upcoming Cal-JAC CPAT and FCTC Written Test dates
- Candidates experiencing financial hardship may qualify for financial aid to pay for their FCTC testing fees.
If you are unsure of your status on the FCTC SEL, please log in to your FCTC account to review.
If you are already on the FCTC SEL, you will need to apply for the H2 Firefighter position at careers.sf.gov.
* You must remain on the FCTC SEL through December 22, 2023.
Additionally, all candidates are advised to update and maintain their DHR SmartRecruiters profile and account.