The H-2 Firefighter position works on the fire suppression side of the San Francisco Fire Department. H-2 Firefighters work 24-hour shifts in the firehouse and respond to various building, environmental and medical emergencies anytime during those 24 hours.
The minimum qualifications for the H-2 Firefighter position are:
- 20 years of age at time of hire
- High school diploma/GED
- California driver’s license
- California EMT Certification
- Completion of NTN/FCTC
- Current CPAT card within one year
- No felony convictions
- Ability to work legally in the United States
The salary range for the H-2 position is between $88,582-136,656.
For the current classification information, please visit the DHR job classification for H-2 Firefighter.